In 1909 a Free Methodist family from Michigan moved to Auburn. Unable to find a local church with similar doctrinal beliefs, they began holding services in their home. The congregation grew and in 1915 lots on the corner of 3rd and C-Street NE were purchased. A white frame church was constructed the following year.
 
In 1951 land was donated for a new church to be built on our present site. Ground breaking began in 1953. The church was constructed in several phases as the congregation continued to grow. Not wanting to limit ministry only to those in our own congregation, the church opened a Child Care Center in September of 1968 as a way to help families in the community.
 
In September of 1977 Valley Christian School began with a staff of four and enrollment of seventeen students. Today there are just under 200 students in Pre-K through 8th grade coming from over 40 different area churches and the surrounding communities. In 2014 a new two-story, six classroom building was finished because additional space was needed as we plan for the future.